Modding Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbernie41

In Runtime
I am going to start my first mod this weekend and I have a question.

I am going to to make a large window in one of my side panels and I am going to use a Dremel to cut it out.

I hear people talking about using a ton of cutting disks but their designs seem to be kind of complex. If I am just cutting out a big square is there some kind of bit that I can use so I dont have to use like 50 cutting wheels?

and the cut doesnt have to be super smooth or anything because I could just sand it down to make is smooth. Thanks!

Yah dremels are good for not so hard objects and small stuff but for a big side panel i would use a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. Cut a whole a couple inches from the outside then start cutting it out. If need by smooth it down with the dremel the finally with some sandpaper. When doing all this your going to want a few layers of masking tape (blue, green, beige) on the top and bottom of the panel to prevent from scratching. Unless you are repainting.

it also depends on what ur case is made out of if its steel good luck but if its aluminum it should be reletivly easy to cut using a dremel or the above mentioned tools and besides u can get a little thing of 50 disks for like $3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom