Modding a ps2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fefner

Baseband Member
Im getting a ps2 for christmas. I wanted to put mod chip in it or mod the casing white or silver or something or both. Iv heard about people frying out there ps2 mobos doing it. What do you think the chance of busting it is and if it would be ok to mod the case?

I say do it then post some pics here. I don't think you can really hurt it, just make sure you either plug all the wires back exactly where they came from and if you're using its original case make sure u put the right size screws in the right holes otherwise all the screws and holes will be stripped.

Just a suggestion, If you know that the ps2 works off the same power as a computer, DC12V, then maybe you can try putting a window in its case and adding a cold cathode light.

Also if you want to just make it look cool without doing much try those case skin things: http://www.x-tremegeek.com/template...rch=2gt04&child=2gm02&curpage=2&sa=all&ureq=y

My friends here at shcool modded their Xbox and PS2's with no problems. But they also didn't go about it blindly. If you have some computer knowledge and are careful you should have no problem. They soldered the mob chips in both and can now play games they DL off the net. I am not promotting this, just telling you how they modded them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom