Modding my computer case!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric5000

Baseband Member
Hey all!
Before my upcoming LAN party- I plan on modding my tower case. I have a neon fan with light in there- so I want to cut out a part of my case door and put up a plastic sheet behind it so you can see the light. Any ideas on a tool that can easily cut the metal? Nothing welding or anything like that though.... Thanks!

-Eric

Jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. Mark off the area you want to cut out and drill a hole in the center of the area. Place the blade in the hole and proceed to cut out the designated area. Just be careful and cut right on the line.

If you have a dremel tool it will work pretty good with a cut-off disk,just do what heavywx said mark it off and cut,you might want 2 put masking tape over it first then outline and cut,it saves your paint sum.

your best bet would be a cutoff wheel, probably give you a straighter line with cutting, also when ur done throw on a griding disc and dull out those edges a little, oh ya and def. do the maskiung tape that way the scraps don't scrape your case

Sounds good- but I don't really understand any of that. I understand the sanding down the edges part. But what are the tools you are talking about? And is there a chance I would be able to do any of this without a power tool?

-Eric

I would say you'd have a pretty hard time doing it without a power tool. I know it's not the cheapest option, but why not just buy a new side for your case? They make clear side for almost every case now it seems. That would save you time and the headaches if anything goes wrong. Good luck with whatever you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom