modding my appolo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok so i found out i have all the nessacery tools to mod my nzxt apollo. with in the next few months i will slowly be modding my case, i can cut holes, etch the acrilyc and even sand down the case, and paint it diferent a diferent colour. now im looking to find a thick tubed water cooling kit with a liquid solution that would contrast red nicely, i wana have all red led fans in my case, aswell as change the blue led's in the front to red. im thinking il paint the inside black with some spray paint from the hard ware store; looking for a good flat/mate black to work with. i was thinking of cutting a hole in the top of my case like comander cup to mount a rad to it unless i can fit it in my case somewhere, and i only want a cpu liquid cooling loop. im gonna have 2 3870x2's in there latter on.what i was looking for was maybe some more recomendations of what to do with my case, i wana go all out, im thinking of maybe even cutting a design into the other panel and lining it with acrylic and putting some led's behind it., i was also maybe thinking of making a small water tank and have bubles blowing thru it and lighting it up with leds, i have about an inch of space between my mobo tray and the outside panel.

i dotn really wana spend more then 400$ moddign my case tho, i was thinking maybe might buy a black pearl case like nosboostor a niceb ig silver stone, and moding that but then itd put me back 600$. all this to get to my final point does anyone have any good ideas of what else i could do to my case?
9kwiyu.jpg

33f7ply.jpg

2r78tcp.jpg

2j1tq8y.jpg

just an idea of what it looks like currently exept much much much better wire management.
2vjo9b4.jpg

i have a spare case to use aswell.what i was thinking was to put my two dvd drives at the bottom drive bays and cut the top of the drive bay to put a radiator thru there, and i just thought of this now takign the whole back panel off cuttign a whole thru the mother board tray and usign the other side as a either a duel 240mm rad or a big quad rad.
Heres what im workign with.

You might have to sand/shave off that little ridge up top where you said you might try to mount it

if you wan't to go a ghetto route (you lose performance this way) you can mount your radiator on standoffs on top of your case

it looks decent, albeit kind of weird since its hovering off the case a halfinch or so, but it doesn't force you to cut through the case (only drill the radiator holes) and will give you some minimal airflow

the best way is probably for you to buy some long case feet (~1-2) inches and to take out the HDD rack, then you can mount either a dual or triple rad down there...

edit:

mounting the radiator on the back of the mobo tray won't be such a good idea

most mobo trays are very flimsy (doesn't need to support much weight) so if you put the weight fo a quad rad on there, the mobo may start to bend... or warp

also, what case has room for a radiator behind the mobo tray and against the side wall? are you planning to let the thing buldge out from the side? then you can just mount the radiator on the door and have extra tubing to compensate for opening it

why wouldn't you fit it?

honestly... a mid-tower can fit anything a full-tower can... its just that theres not enough free space when your doing so... (exaggeration)

you could mount the pump on the far right... (on the area where you mount the 5.25 bays)

bleeding just occurs by having the air move through the loop to your t-line or res...

keep your current case... don't waste your monies!

my case is allready cramped with the tuniq, i wont have any space once i put 2 3870x2's in and sereously dont think il fit a pump in the case. i want to get a full tower anyway il be able to use it for ever. wont ever need another case ever again.

thats a lie.. noone will ever be satisfied for 1 case...

anyways, your tuniq won't be there when you use WC... so how does that matter?

but w/e, if you've got the money...

oh ya i forgot lol wow im dumb, anyway my 7950gt is allready cramped and i dotn have space for a water pump allready, i want a full tower for neat wire management, and room for the 360 rad. and i want everything interior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom