Modding Mouse LED

Status
Not open for further replies.
testing for resistance, when you want wattage? P = I * V, i personally do not see a R in that equation

testing for resistance, when you want wattage? P = I * V, i personally do not see a R in that equation

Ohm(resistance)=V(voltage)/A(amp)
voltage is easy to find
ohm is the resistance
this gives amps
amps times volts equals watts, simple as that

The long tails on the LED's you were looking make for more usability, just cut off what you don't need. The LED in the back if for aesthetics only, it will have no effect on the performance of the mouse so you dont have to worry about that. The orrigional optical mice used lasers to bounce light off the surface untill techs discovered that most any bright light would do, LED's are super cheap and last longer than any other light source in the price range. The optical receptor uses a red LED in most cases because RED has a lower absorption rate than any other colors besides green. And the only reason you don't see green optics is for continuity. Our first lasers were red, and so are our LED's.

i wouldnt suggest doing that, i did the same to my keyboard and it cost me a new PSU. the stock led was green on the keyboard but i wanted blue so i soldered in the 3 blue led lights to my my caps lock, scroll lock, and the number lock and within a week it left burn marks on my 20 pin connector

BTW is that a microsoft mouse? because it looks like the one im using right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom