Modding this case... this would be first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnelson8611

Baseband Member
I'm thinking of getting this case for myself X-Static 2 but was wondering if, instead of the plexiglass window, if I can put "modders" mesh on it instead. Would this affect the air flow significantly?

I'd have fans, of course, one blowing in and maybe two blowing out.

I'm hoping this will be a easier job than taking a dremel to the spare case I have in my closet.

I also want to change the bubble lights from blue to purple but not sure if that is possible. I read that the bubble lights are just leds. Anyone?

I would seriously go with plexiglass that mesh is going to make that computer sound hella loud. I just finished well sorta finished my mod i put 2 uv lights on top and 2 15in blue cathodes on the sides along with led blue fans and uv green reactive cables. Im pretty happy with it.

Could I put a thinner "mesh" material over the plexiglass to make it look like the "mesh" but not have it noisy.

I thought about the noise factor and would rather have a quiet system.

Also, anyone know if I could replace the lights in this case? I'd really like to get this case if I could use purple meteor or bubble lights instead of the blue.

I see a lot of blue in modded cases but not so much purple.

Umm ya i guess you could stretch some of that mesh over the plexiglass if you really want that look. Im not so sure about the bubble lights i have never messed with them.

The mesh alone would probably be a nightmare with dust inside the case....

As far as the 'bubble lights' go... if they are LED's you SHOULD (in theory) be able to replace them.... Maybe it's just my [junky] work PC, but it almost looks like 2 Cold cathode tubes on the front....

It says they are "bubble" lights, but I read that they are actually 6 or 12 small leds... I was thinking of maybe putting meteor lights in instead of c.c.'s but I also saw other bubble lights seperately.

Yeah, mesh inside will definitely be a terrible dust collector, I would say it would be a pretty rugged/grunge like effect it you even just put it on the outside, All up to you though. Let your mind get creative =D

I've seen pictures of modded cases with just the mesh. I can see why they would be a dust trap. But I'd like to find an alternative to using mesh, I could put it on the plexiglass itself to give it that "mesh" look. Idk, I just like that look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom