mobo bios battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
dangit, i was screwing around with my settings again and tried testing the 12.5 multiplier and the bios fails with that setting, so i was going to clear it again like i had before, well this time it's not saving my settings, everytime i edit the bios and save it, it won't restart, or start at all, i have to keep clearing the bios to get it going again, could the battery be bad now because i've been handling it with my fingers too much?.. even when i turn my computer off without editing bios, i still have to clear the bios to get my pc to boot up.. weird..

Sounds like me, always got to push it faster, lol. Seriously, almost sounds like there is a problem with you bios chip if it not saving. Not really qualified to answer though.

wow ok thanks a ton micro, i'll have to say flashing will be the idea then, i've left it off for a few minutes not exactly 5 but.. thanks dude

alright, flashed the bios, everything went smooth, up and running again, thanks micro (i'll keep my computer like this i guess and quit fidgiting with it - trebor) hehe

symptoms of dead battery = time/date is always changing randomly

micro: some motherboards require u to move jumper and take out battery
like mine asus a7s333

ya you'd do that with most boards... and what's new today is old tomorrow, the unfortunate slogan of the computer world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom