Mini fridge.. fan.. overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
hahaha, weird title.. but as it says, i've just recently obtained a minifridge that runs at 30 degrees farenheit... what i wanna do, is shove my motherboard, just outside of it, and run a fan in the cooler, blowing out to my mobo... i don't see this being harmful, but i guess i would like other opinions before i do so!!!! would definitely be awesome to use chilled air

and yes.. the minifridge is in my room for maximum laziness

Sounds good in theory, but the power it will take would not be worth it. The fridge will not be even close to 30 with the door open all the time. You would be better off to WC your setup and then putting the radiator inside the fridge. Still, this would take a lot of power. Either way you will probably be putting out more heat from your pc than the fridge can cool with the door open or shut.

HAHAHA, that would be hilarious

and prvrt.. lol i just wanna do it for like a single 3dmark Run or something for the sort, my mobo is just inches from my mini fridge on a desk not in the case, so i'm considering doing it just for kicks

and do you have pics of your mozart.. i'm thinking of the very same case as i hate my armor

Well, for something like that it will work. I just open the window and cooled my bedroon down when I ran a high OC, but then again it is 6 degrees outside right now.

Pics, need to get some updated pics with my TRUE and other fans.

y1pExAHU3OcagzddHDuiKGm_pBF8w0yGmZ8eIuhm0iJqJRsZM-tlYVxtXcfXfqMS9H7jLBviqp-yT4

y1pExAHU3Ocagx0V781GCMv-Ea20GMJgSlPbBXOTVt6CT9bfcLTKI7C0jLGYjCQfARvJ2EqWIl3F5Q

y1pExAHU3Ocagy_ktUj_z_hIbUtoFRAjxggkUnGrmcLtQdP4ZVxVZHWXJhJPdaQlxgjJsL1403K1iI

Ya, this weather is ****ing me off. Its like 10F outside, and around 50-55 inside since my heater doesnt work. I cant even go for high clocks because of my stupid motherboard being dead. I hate this current board.

Wouldn't you have condensation problems inside of a mini-fridge?

Plus most fridges go into defrost mode now and then and would get everything inside wet.

lol i don't wanna put it in the fridge, cuz yes that would obviously cause condensation

i'll try this out on my old pentium 3 computer first, see how temps go, then if everything is okay for about 15-20 min i'll give this compy a go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom