Mini Fridge Case Mod Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

airhendrix13

Baseband Member
Okay this is a strange request but does anyone think its possible to put PC components in a mini fridge as a case?

I'm wondering if the freon will cause problems or perhaps moisture?

If so, then what do you suggest?

This would be sweet to show friends and it would keep the components ultra cool!

Thanks guys.

Not very power efficient...but I suppose it would work if you had some kind of dehumidifier inside of it...in other words..yes moisture would be a definite problem.

WELLL Its *possible* but I would not suggest it to anyone, first off all it will be VERY hard to prevent condensation from appearing all over the place[you'll be using alot of none conductive foam... lol]......

thats just one problem, the rest will be how to physically model it to be able to mount thngs on it, though you COULD use parts from another case.....[thats what probably you would be doing in that case]

Infact it could be pretty cool just for the heck of it lol, but phase change would be also more efficient lol

-Jo.

The way you could do this, is if you got the Peltier cooling element out of it, and blew air across it and ito your PC case or across your heatsink, a bit of a faff but it would cool effectivley, would need a seperate PSU though if its a 12V model, try and get one of the car charger based ones, as they will run off a computer PSU!

RGELLIS said:
The way you could do this, is if you got the Peltier cooling element out of it, and blew air across it and ito your PC case or across your heatsink, a bit of a faff but it would cool effectivley, would need a seperate PSU though if its a 12V model, try and get one of the car charger based ones, as they will run off a computer PSU!

err... peltier element? out of the mini-frig? thats not how those work... i might just be misunderstanding you. mini-frig's, well any frig for that matter, relies on phase change of a refrigerent due to a drastic pressure change. (the phase change refered to earlier in this thread was refering to condensation, but mad props for using proper terminology :D)

the only way i see this working is if you assemble it all in a room with a killer dehumidifier (like 1% relative humidity) in a room that is like <50*F.

there was another post about using a frig for cooling about a week ago, i went into detail about why its not a good idea. try searching for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom