In the Middle of OCing my x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowFox

In Runtime
I have an AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+.
I want to get it to 2.4GHz. It came stock at 2.0GHz.
I have an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro.
Currently I have OCed my CPU to a drop past 2.1GHz.
My CPU temperature is 30 degrees Celcius.
My Processor is still on Stock Voltage.

My motherboard is a Gigabye K8N SLI PRO. It has Dual Bios.
I have the following options:

HT Frequency Ration- Auto
CPU Frequency- 212 (Came with 200, I moved it up)
K8 CPU Clock Ration- Auto

What should I be changing those rates to?
Thank you all help will be greatly appreciated.

you shouldnt change them until you hit a wall when overclocking. 3800s are overclocking pretty well right now, so you should be able to hit 2.4 and probably higher on stock voltage. good luck.

who wouldnt agree with me? jk. lol. im sure there are other people that know more than me on this subject.

Ok well first what ram are you using? If it's value ram your going to have to use a divider. Every time you up your HTT your ram speed goes up. Stock is 200MHz for the HTT and 200MHz for the ram. Say you set your HTT to 210, your ram will be at 210. Value ram usually hits a walll anywhere between 215-235MHz. Chances are if you have value ram your not going to hit 2.4GHz, you can come close but not quite. Set your ram to 166MHz so that you have more overclocking headroom and up the HTT until you hit 240MHz. You will probably have to give the ram more voltage. I wouldn't give it more than 2.85V. Give that a whirl and keep asking questions if your stuck.

yea there you go. more detailed with the ram thing. but if you have a dfi board, make sure to try 9/10 before you go the 5/6 divider. this way you can keep your ram at the highest possible frequency.

I don't have ValueRam. I have Corsair XMS Platinum Series w/Heatspreader. I have 2 Gigabytes of it. 4x512. So what do I do if I do not have valueram?

well then you will probably be able to top out at around 250-270. just keep going and keep your ram at 1:1. let us know how it goes.

wtk pro l said:
well then you will probably be able to top out at around 250-270. just keep going and keep your ram at 1:1. let us know how it goes.

Sorry but what exactly does that mean. I have not touched anything to dow ith my RAM so far. I have however put the CAS Latency at 2, because it was advertised as 2 and it came as 2.5. *******S!!! LOL

Also will my L1 and L2 stuff automatically go up or do I have to do that manually? CPU-Z tells me my RAM's Frequency is at 176.8. I want it lower don't I? It reads 2338, and I want it at 2336.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom