memory timing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzer55

Baseband Member
hi folks! need a little advice on playing with memory timings please. new to this game:amazed:
i have an abit ic7 and have just purchased 2x512 geil pc500. the default timings @ 3200 with my 3.2 p4 are: 2.5. 4.4.7.
according to everest, the spd value options of the modules are:
2.5. 5. 5. 9 @ 250
2.0. 5. 5. 9 @ 232
however, my bios options for RAS settings only go up to 8.
what are my best options?
just to test the rig i have already done 3.712ghz @ 232 fsb with standard 2.5. 4. 4. 7 settings and 1.55 core voltage on cpu (30-capper) and memory @ 2.6v...this is pure guess work :eek: perfectly stable though.
any advice (or a slapped wrist) welcomed
many thanks

2.5. 5. 5. 9 seems very loose to me. i would say see how far u can get on stock if u need to loosen anything take it up to 3-4-4-8 (or 7 doesn;'t make much differance imo)

from my experience and reading the ras doesn;t make much differance to performance or stability. some ram infact would rather have ras 5-6 as opposed to 7-8

just 1 thing it might be worth doing is testing stability propperly with a program like prime 95 (not sure if thats what u mean by perfectly stable though.) as this will make sure that it is propperly stable and u doin;t currupt anything/damage anything

i would just mess around a bit with the timing and see how far u can get. if i remember correctly its better to have @ in 3-@-@-8 lower and the cas higher for max bandwidth.

take care and go slow don;t rush and just make sure thats its actually stable through testing like p95 before moving on

many thanks Sh0r_ty for your input. i have prime95 which i last used on some xms 3200ll (not with any great success). hence the puchase of pc500; thought it would give me a head start! i shall use it regularly.
maybe 3. 4.4. 8 is the way to go as i am heading for 250 up.
am a little concerned about voltages on the p4 though. any stickies available on recommended limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom