Memory Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMT

In Runtime
Is there any software available to monitor memory temperatures? I've just overclocked my CPU (and obviously my memory with it). The memory is only being overclocked by about 34Mhz, and it's running stable. It would give me more piece-of-mind if I could monitor the temperature, though (especially if I'm to push it a little more).

Thanks.
TMT.

Hmm I don't think there's software to do that, unless your memory already has some sort of probe built in. Otherwise you can prob buy a seperate probe to test the temperature. From what I've read though, memory is usually fine in terms of temperature, even if you overclock, although 34Mhz isn't a small increment...not too sure...

If your running high voltages and a higher overclock on them then buy a probe with a LCD or something and stick it between a heatspreader and the RAM chips to get a temp reading, there are no built in probes on RAM sticks.

if it passes memtest test 5 for 5 hours then its fine cos when ram heats up it errors as well as when it can't cope with the speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom