Memory overclock question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
I have the cheap RAM in my sig, and i'm told it overclocks well. But I can't get it to overclock AT ALL. Not even 1 mhz. I was reading the back of my 680i LT box yesterday and I noticed it said: 'Nvidia SLI-Ready memory - increases the bandwidth of memory buses when coupled with select blah blah'. And under that it give the spec for the LT and compares it to the regular 680i. Mine is 800mhz and the regular 680i is 1200mhz. Is this why I can't go over 800mhz?

I've never heard of a brand called wintec. it may be because your motherboard doesnt like the ram and is trying to be picky about clockspeeds. If you can get your hands on some Crucial Balistix then try them out the ddr 800 version.

Wintec is an oem manufacturer, which is why many people havent heard of em. Chances are they make ram for several of the bigger known brands like corsair, ocz, crucial..etc.

I looked around on the web before i bought mine, and yeah they can oc pretty well but, it may just be that the mobo is very pick about ram. My mobo is said to not post with anything over 2.0v, which is why i bought this ram and it posted the first time no problems.

I'm not really concerned about overclocking the ram, but for future reference I would just like to know if my motherboard will do any higher than 800 mhz. I will be eventually adding a couple more sticks of ram just for the heck of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom