Memory overclock & problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichM499

Daemon Poster
I recently got some OCZ 1066 5-5-5-15 ram for my system, because my DDR2 800 was only getting to 460mhz @ 6-5-5-16 .

Well, the 1066 i got up to 440mhz 4-4-4-12, which isnt bad, it improved my performance quite a bit (and i beat the AMD super-pi time, but i'll post that later, i want to get my memory up to speed and see if i can destroy it, instead of just barely beating it)

at 460mhz i get memory issues (the screen turns garbled, and the system restarts)

I never had this problem with the Corsair ddr800 ram, but it WAS unstable @ 460.

Im not sure if this is a limitation of my Athlon x2 memory controller (which was designed for only ddr2 800 speeds), or if it is just incompatibility between the memory and my motherboard.

My motherboard is Foxconn a7vmx-k, and the customer support told me to buy new ram=(.

So my question is:

Do you have any suggestions? what i can increase or decrease with subtimings?

I dont understand subtimings, so any information is usefull.

If i lower timings to 3-4-3-10 DDR 440 (which is stable), will it make up for the performance difference between 440 and 475mhz?

475mhz is my goal, and i've been able to boot and run windows for hours @ 470mhz, but as soon as i run a game, or intensive program- the computer messes up.

Thanks for any info.

I doubt you can hit 25, but i think you can get 26=)

I know because my time was 27.283,

Im trying for 26 before i post a SS

Cmon guys! i need memory timing information! lol we're already off topic in the first 2 posts..

--- oh by the way hussein, the 4830 rocks, hurry up and get it.

I have everything turned on max @ 1600x1200, and i get 40+ fps in crysis

if you can get those up to 440 with 3-4-3-10 timings thats awesome... what are the advanced timings looking like on those... try to get your tRD down to 6 or 7, because every clock you can get it down at that speed will give you about 195MB/s extra bandwidth

as far as i know, spi is more keen on really high memory clocks.. but sweet timings like that should make up for the bandwidth difference (but im not 100% sure... you should run Everest's Bandwidth Test). also, you might be able to achieve higher speeds by loosening out your tRD, as this is among the most important factors in memory performance

can you post a screenie of memset so we can see what advanced timings you've got atm

K
jpga.jpg

I have it @ 470 4-4-4-12 right now, and its not 100% stable .....

Assassins Creed is running fine... and im just leaving it here untill i find out more about the advanced timings and such

it makes me happy to see the spirit of super pi is large in these forums now... i havent seen it this big since the socket 939 days :)

back when my competition was an athlon 3500+ at 3.0ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom