Frequency-200.9
FSB:DRAM:COU/10
CAS# Latency- 3.0
RAS# to CAS Delay-3
RAS# Precharge-3
Cycle Time (Tras)-8
Bank Cycle Time (Trc)
DRAM Idle Timer- 256

I want to OC and I want someone to point to what would be the best settings for it and how to change it in the BIOS. I just updated my bios so i wanna give this a whirl.

I would loosen the timings to 3-4-4-7 and increase the vDIMM to 2.9v or so and crank up the FSB speed and keep the RAM on a 1:1 ratio. Run memtest every so often, I'd say the XMS might hit 230-240 and then it'll max.

I wouldn't bother OC'ing that at all.....it's valueRAM for the most part and it will probably just die under stress and extra voltage.....valueRAM isn't meant to OC at all.

Also with questions like these:

what one is better the 3-4-4-7 or 2-3-3-6 and what do u change in the bios?
You need to do some serious learning and research before you just decide you want OC your RAM.....RAM is probably the most difficult thing to OC due to timings, voltages, and simply getting it stable.

The timings are latencies.....faster time = better, so the lower number is faster latencies

Well put. Learn before you do something.. Sounds like you need to even learn the very basics on RAM.

If you're looking for a guide that will tell you what your timings will be at certain speeds and when exactly to lower them, then you won't find it. All memory is different. It all depends on the voltage supplied, and how fast the FSB is, and things like that. You just have to find what is stable for your memory.

Yeah, but you have to learn what everything is and what it all does. Then it is easier to figure out what the timings should be. Also, check out www.vr-zone.com They have some great tutorials, editorials, and reviews on stuff as well as guides. That would be a great resource for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom