Memory FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, you need to give some specs. If you dont know what hardware you have, follow the link in my sig.

Are you overclocked? If you overclocked the FSB on your CPU, then you need some good overclocking RAM to keep up to the FSB.

If it is running at that ratio, but without overclocking, you might have picked the wrong speed of RAM. This is where it is important to list your hardware.

There we go, added my specs to my sig

However, my memory was cheap (100$) for 1 gig of supposed PC4200 533 Mhz and according to CPU-Z I have PC4300 or 266Mhz

Also I was messing around today and I lowered My Multiplier in BIOS from 18 to 14 and OCed my Freq to 210 my RAM Freq is now 280 but the FSB did not change, it is still 3:4

I need more cooling before I do any serious OCing

Edit - I noticed it was DDR533 which is rated 266Mhz Also I changed my BIOS and am Running 1:1 now

Which would be better though
266 Mhz @4-4-4-12 3:4
or
200 Mhz @ 3-3-3-9 1:1

I would go with 266MHz at 3:4. Sure the timings are a bit more loose, but the extra frequency should help out.

The best way to tell is by benchmarking. To have a look at gaming performance, go to www.futuremark.com and get 3DMark03 or 05 and do before and afters.

If you do go ahead and benchmark, post back with your results, so that everyone can see the difference, whether it is postive or negative.

Nice system, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom