Memory and CPU Voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all I was just wondering if people who have the same hardware as me could let me know there recommendations for voltages when OCing.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego Model #: ADA3700BNBOX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103539

Advertised specs:
Operating Frequency 2.2GHz
Voltage 1.35/1.4V

Ram: G.Skill Extreme Series Model# F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231032

Advertised specs:
Timing: 2-3-2-5
Voltage: 2.6V-2.75V

My ultimate goal is to get 3Ghz out of my CPU and as high as possible with the ram. :D
Pretend that heat is not a factor, I will deal with that as it arises, hopefully my new CPU cooling (probably the thermaltake big typhoon) will make that not an issue when combined with my 4 case fans.

The RAM shouldn't need more than 2.7v, but you could go up to 2.8 if you need it. Not any higher though. The 3700+ should be fine at 1.6v or lower.

You need to bump up vdimm if you're overclocking though if BH-5s are any example...I'd look at 2.9vdimm and possibly 3v if you're having some problems with memory stability

You seem to be asking for exact numbers, but no one can tell you "when you get to 220 * 11 bump up vcore to 1.45v + 110%" if that's what you're wondering...every single chip reacts differently and the only way to know is to test it out yourself

Recommended voltages if going for high HTT/RAM:

LDT: 1.4v
Chipset: 1.7v

I know all chips are different I was just wondering what kind of max vdimms and such I should bee looking for. I don't want to fry any of my parts but I do want to push things hard to try for 3 ghz.

Thanx for the info gaara. Let me know if you think of anything else I should keep in mind to avoid frying my hardware :)

I doubt any 3700+ will hit 3ghz on air. The G.Skill 2x1gb ZX and HX RAM does NOT like voltage. There is no stability difference for me between 2.6v and 2.9v. I would try to stay at 2.8 or under. Right now I am at 2.6 with 2-3-2-0-1T timings. Also upping chipset and ldt voltage makes no stability difference for me at all. Best to use the lowest voltages you can.

I can boot up my 3700 at 3GHz, but thats it, +- a few MHz. Its sorta stable at that. I have 1.65V through my 3700 to keep it at 2.95GHz really stable.
PS: i have air cooling

10x multi, 295HTT
I think i have a 166 or 150 divider, probably 150. my RAM speed is 210MHz, if you want to do the math. Also, i have it at 3-2-3-0 1T timings liike 003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom