Memory bus still tracking HT bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. If it says 333Mhz in CPUz, then I'd believe that.
Ehh sorry I'm gonna trust a BIOS over 3rd party software as it wouldn't be the first time CPU-Z shows weird reportings like the ratio being shown at like CPU/12 instead of 1:1 even though it's clearly 1:1

Your pictures aren't showing up by the way dude

It is definately some sort of divider problem. By the looks at it it is set to around 4:5 or something.

Now, BIOS are really inconsistent with how they show these options. Some with show 1:1, 5:6, 4:5, 3:4, 1:2 etc. Others will show: 200mhz, 166Mhz, 133Mhz etc. OTHERS will show, 400, 333, 266 etc. What you would want is either 1:1, 200, or 400, depending on how it is shown in the BIOS. See if you can find the manual or look it up online to see how to change these settings.

hell that looks to be less than if it were set to 166.....moving the memory shouldn't change the HTT anyway, the memory follows the HTT, it's only when you change the HTT should the memory move.

Like idiotec you need to find a setting that either says 1:1, 200Mhz, or 400MHz.

If you see choices like 266, 333, 400, then 400 is obviously what you want...or some BIOS's might show it like 133, 166, 200 in which 200 is what you'd want

The settings are 133, 166, 200. It is set to 200.

In CPUz it says 160mhz, in nTune it says 333mhz.
I have no idea what it's really running at.

I also stopped using nTune for GPU overclocking, I now use RivaTuner.
So what better utilities are there for memory bus/CPU overclocking?

In CPUz it says 160mhz, in nTune it says 333mhz.
I have no idea what it's really running at.
160~ and 333 are the same thing....I put 160~ because technically it's supposed to be showing 166, but for whatever reason it's a few MHz off...

You need to stop using ntune PERIOD as that utility freakin sucks...uninstall that crap...go into your BIOS and change the RAM to 200

So what better utilities are there for memory bus/CPU overclocking?
Quit relying on utilities and learn your BIOS, that's the best way to overclock.

If you HAVE to use something then use clockgen and like I said uninstall that ntune garbage

Yeah if you DO NEED to use something, use clockgen.

Also if you did want to change the divider in windows, you could use Athlon 64 Tweaker. Your processor isnt an Athlon 64 but it should work with new semprons

I got A64 Tweaker, got rid of nTune...it was crap compared to others.
I set refresh rate (tref) to 200mhz as well as MEMclock freq. to 200mhz. Now it shows up as 201mhz in CPUz with a FSB : DRAM ratio at CPU/8 ... is this good or is there more I can tweak for better performance?

Also for refresh rate there is 200mhz 3.9us, 7.8us, and 15.6us. I don't know what the 'us' numbers are, but its at 3.9us. What do these numbers mean?

By the way, I would've used BIOS for memory settings but I already have it at 200mhz in the BIOS, but in all windows programs it would still show up as 166 or 333. So apparently the BIOS isnt always the best way to overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom