Maxed Out??

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
Okay, starting new topic since no one answered the other post.
I oc'd all night and day and came up with this for my machine:
260*10=2600
ht=3
fsb=780
Mem running at ddr266(cpu-z sais 173.9) 2-2-2-5

All other combos seem to not work. Video cards are now at
550/1700.
Is the memory mhz cpu-z is giving me the actual memory speed (173.9)? Or is it actually faster?

Thanks....

cpu-z tells you the mhz, you have to multiply that by 2, cuz its DDR ram, double data rate or something like that, so multiply the mhz by 2, and thats your ddr

Just do the math.

HTT is 260
RAM divider is at 266 = ~67% (266/400)
.67x260= ~174

So yeah, that memory speed seems about right.

You could try a divider of 333, that would put the RAM at about 216. Even value RAM has a good chance of running that even if it takes a little extra vdimm.

I've attached a really good and small program for figuring out what your memory would be depending on what multiplier and HTT you are using.

It has an option for DFI boards since they have more options as far as memory dividers go. Also AMD64s are weird in that, if you use a half multi like 8.5 instead of a whole number, the memory will be at a different speed than you'd think.

Anywho, I use it quite a bit when figuring out the best memory speed for this board.

Attachments

• a64memfreq11.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 7
Cool little program, just keep in mind, that different BIOS' will show those dividers differently.

I am assuming that since you said your RAM was set to '266' that your mem options are something like:

400/333/266/200

In this program, those same values will be shown as:

200/166/133/100

Either way it is the same thing and the answer will be the same, just a different way of showing it.

I'd do what idiotec said and run the ram @ 216MHz. Put a bit more extra voltage through it and I'm %95 sure you wont have any problems.

Thanks so much guys. Right now I think the voltage is at 1.7 or 2.7. I'm not at my comp now so I can't look but you guys know which one it would be. I will try upping the mem divider and give it more juice when I get home tomarrow. The memory is supposed to be some of the best so hopefully it is just in need of some more power.

Awesome!! I increased the voltages to both cpu and mem, put the divider up to 333mhz, and was able to raise the ht to 4 so now

260*10
HT=4
DDR333(217.4) 2-3-2-5
vcore=1.6375v
vdimm=2.5v

Ran 3Dmark06 again and got quit an improvement...

sm2.0=3395
HDR/sm3.0=3645
cpu score=1005

I was hoping to get my cpu score over 1000 so I'm quite happy. My max voltage to the cpu is 1.65 on the motherboard. How do people water cool and OC the **** out of thier stuff if there is only so much voltage you can give? Do the make hardware modifications, or are some mobos limitless???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom