Manually adjusting fan speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
How can I slow down a fan manually? (ie. by actually doing something to the fan)

I'm setting up a server PC which I want to be nearly silent... something that will barely be heard

I'll be running a passive heatsink on both the GPU and CPU, so thus I still need airflow, but don't want anything extreme (I know I need to watch for temperatures)

eh, theres no other way? I don't want to spend ~20 just to control the fan speeds...

any like ghetto way to solder resistors or something?

third shift I would do it via bios/speedfan, but I don't plan on using the SYS_FAN or w/e things on my mobo, I'll be plugging all the fans in via molex so that I can have better wire management (airflow is incredibly important since there will be very little air passing through the system)

and even if its permanent its fine, any guides or pictures? I'll be using the 120mm's that came with my lian-li which I don't use

Then you have no option because even w/ a fan controller you'd still would be using the 3pin connecters. Atleast on my fan controller it was like that.

WARNING!
Please be careful, if you mod the connectors wrong and plug them into one of your devices, it WILL SHORT OUT causing damage and/or fire.

Well make sure you dont hook it up wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom