making your own rounded cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah well I can't find it.. anyways you fold your cable in half horizontally (if the cable is sideways) and then fold the outsides back so there is in turn 3 folds. Then zip tie or rubber band them together. It may seem imposible but just do the sections, don't try to bend the connectors lol.

Wow, sorry but I just have to laugh at your computer. Although it probobly does run really cool.
lol yeah, it also has much lower temps with a higher clock than yours even though it's an XP-Mobile and you've got an AMD64 ;) I've got 11 case fans, the cpu fan there, of course 2 in the PSU, a fan controller to control them all, a CD-RW, DVD-ROM, two hard drives, one on SATA port even though it's not a SATA Drive...

Sooo with all that wiring if you think you could make it neater within a mid-tower case then feel free to stop by sometime and organize it for me because as it is it was a pain in the ass just to make sure no wires crossed the motherboard for better airflow.

Gah well I can't find it.. anyways you fold your cable in half horizontally (if the cable is sideways) and then fold the outsides back so there is in turn 3 folds. Then zip tie or rubber band them together. It may seem imposible but just do the sections, don't try to bend the connectors lol.
That's what I said to Jak up there already. That's also how I have my cable done and you can barely see it in that pic up there

EDIT: Here's a better pic Gecko
comp.jpg
Trust me...not only does it run cool, but I had fun modding it out with my friend. Plus it runs really well since I have it overclocked. Hopefully this christmas I can get some high performance RAM 1gb kit and then I'll really be smokin. I can't afford a 6800GT though so I'll probably have to go with 6600GT

Exactly... Must have missed that. I think it is alot less risky then anything involving a knife. There used to be a good tutorial on it like a few months ago on a different site. I spent a good hour looking for it and came up empty handed :(.

I think it is alot less risky then anything involving a knife.
Yeah that's precisely why I just folded them. They can be folded in have 2 or 3 times to get it pretty small. I'm too impatient to do something as tedious as carefully cut inbetween all those wires when folding it works out the same way....except I guess those are FLAT cables instead of ROUND huh? :p

Just don't have a drink or two when trying to do this:D I wrecked 2 cable's trying to do it half drunk:p after my little screw up's i decided just to buy the stupid round cable's.

Shumway said:
Just don't have a drink or two when trying to do this:D I wrecked 2 cable's trying to do it half drunk:p after my little screw up's i decided just to buy the stupid round cable's.

That is funny as hell... Yea I guess it is sorta flat.. Still allows for better air flow though.

Great tutorial! And let me tell you, if I didn't already have round IDE cables, I would give this one a shot ;)

-Dan The Man

If you want to do it the way Jak is showing it would be best to make a cut about every 4th or 5th wire,and if you want to give it a little bit of color just wrap it in colored electrical tape,They sell the different color tape at just about every hardware store you can find.

i don't recall, but it was presented to me by Holocron in an old thread of mine a long long time ago. btw, I had posted diff alternatives in how to cut in the other thread of same content in the tutorial forum: http://www.tech-heaven.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=35567

glad ya'll like it and its good to have input like above on the diff ways of doing it. I have used the folding alternative but it just doesn't "feel" as nice as the stranded out one. Also you can get UV sensative tape/wrap that really looks sharp if you have a cold cathode like mine.....i love the pretty colors......:D :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom