Type Window Air Conditioner
Features 2-Way Air Direction Control
Mechanical Rotary Controls
Performance
BTU Cooling 5,000
Operating Room Size 150 sq. ft.

2. Equipment needed??????

3. Ideas for cooling the CPU/GPU/MB

I was a mechanic for 7 years. Before school and before the Army. So if you have an idea let me hear it even if you have never tried before. I want to hear from everyone.

I think your sig might be a bit large, just looks larger then most.These are the rules:

7) Signatures must adhere to the following specifications:

* Text signatures may not exceed 15 lines in size 1, or 8 lines in size 2. Text size 3 and above is not allowed. Text size 1 may only be used with a graphic, with no more than 8 lines.
* The combined size of all images in a sig is a maximum of 468x120. Please keep the file sizes small for loading times.
* Any scripts that display a user's IP address and browser information are not allowed.
* HTML is not allowed in signatures. Some HTML scripts disrupt the layout of the forum and so have been disabled.
* Signatures are subject to Rule 3.
* Signatures are a privilege. They are granted for use when you reach 40 posts. If you abuse the system and try to get to 40 posts as fast as possible you will lose this privilege.

You need to choose there are two types of phase cooling the simple loop which uses a compressor and liquid/gas system with no motor but convective currents. The motorised system which uses a pump inside the thermo siphon loop to give an active flow. You will need plenty of insulation material/foam as everything that is cooled below sub ambient temperatures will collect dew and drip onto your electronics which isn't good.

I think your sig might be a bit large, just looks larger then most.These are the rules:

You need to choose there are two types of phase cooling the simple loop which uses a compressor and liquid/gas system with no motor but convective currents. The motorised system which uses a pump inside the thermo siphon loop to give an active flow. You will need plenty of insulation material/foam as everything that is cooled below sub ambient temperatures will collect dew and drip onto your electronics which isn't good.

Well that was my main concern with this is moisture. Silicone gel pellets maybe? Also how am I going to get all three?

Edit: or should I use it as a chiller for the others and water cool them?

Three parallel loops as you dont want warm gas going into the next component and heating it up if watercooling you would just put an extra rad in between each component if you wanted maximum cooling on each component. Silica gel pellets wouldn't be enough in an open system you could seal the motherboard into a chamber but you would need to cool the north and south bridge chipsets. I have seen people use foam insulation like they use on hot water pipes, and then wrapped in cloth it would appear to stop any drippage.

most people use that spray/goo on the socket/motherboard to prevent any of the condensation from doing anything and then layer foam on both the motherboard/socket and the tubing itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom