Loving my Q9550 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
try 1.45v, could up the nb voltage by on increment to see if that helps. Usually it only helps when you get way up in the fsb, but its worth a shot. What voltage is your ram at?

nb meaning northbridge ? not even sure how..:p

Not to sure what voltage my ram is at, i'll look tommorow once ive installed my new heatsink and fan.
Ive not touched the ram what so ever, anything i should do to it tommorow when i try OC again ?

Well, if my cpu fsb is 350 my ram is 700mhz, if that makes sense. I can't find the voltages in the bios, even after pressing ctrl f1 to enable advanced features, anyway i decided to go to DDR OverVoltage and select it as +0.1v, CPU-Z in the SPD section says the ram is running at 1.8v (but i suspect its now actually running at 1.9v ?)

Another thing i noticed, in Bios there is a setting to enable "fine control" which adds 0.5x to the multiplier, effectively making it 8.5, so whilst my bios says im at 3.00Ghz (i lowered from 3.1 to add stability) CPU-Z says im at 2.83Ghz, so now i'm unsure what clock my cpu is actually at :confused:

edit:

CPU-Z says the following if it's any help:

DRAM Frequency 353.0 Mhz
FSB: DRAM 1:1

there was no option in the bios to alter the ratio, only a multiplier to the ram (currently at 2.0, lowest setting available)

wow this is confusing.

DDR OverVoltage and select it as +0.1v, CPU-Z in the SPD section says the ram is running at 1.8v (but i suspect its now actually running at 1.9v ?)

I do not know, i have never used this function, in fact i have never seen it on my asus p5k.

Have you turned off speedstep?

Well, got my OCZ vendetta installed.. idle temps are the same..

3degrees less on 100percent load, and the cooler is a load louder too, can't say i'm impressed considering the favourable reviews it received.

edit:

Okay it's not cooler at all, it's the exact friggin same :mad:

edit2:

it's 1degrees c hotter.

heh, just realised, it's at full fan speed too !

you're crazy to run 1.4V on a stock heatsink. congrats on the new one :p
something else is holding you back. my C1 stepping 9450 does 3.6 on 1.225V. you should be able to get higher than that with the extra multi at the same voltage. especially if it is an E0.
i say RAM RAM RAM.

Well, got my OCZ vendetta installed.. idle temps are the same..

3degrees less on 100percent load, and the cooler is a load louder too, can't say i'm impressed considering the favourable reviews it received.

edit:

Okay it's not cooler at all, it's the exact friggin same :mad:

edit2:

it's 1degrees c hotter.

heh, just realised, it's at full fan speed too !

make sure you mounted it properly and reapplied the tim.

And its a very good cooler, same as the xigmatek s1283.

did you get the vendetta or the vendetta 2? As far as i know, the V2 is the same as the s1283, the original vendetta is a 92mm fan type cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom