Lot o' RAMsinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I want to cover eerything I possibly can. These are for the board that I just ordered and wont be getting until the middle of the week, so you think I should wait and see exactly where they can fit and where I should put them?

In Dales defense, the ones he listed can be put on the chipset IC's and mosfets. They are small, and rather universal. So the ones for that exact purpose would be best.

I personally like the Tweakmonster BGA sinks the best with a bit of AS5 on them. With a high CFM flow case you shouldn't really even need heatsinks on everything, I'm only using some of the VRAM, as well as the ones which came standard with the lanparty. I doubt any components will get particularily hot, the only thing to worry about is the RAM and a nice fan blowing over them will work better than any heatspreader.

If anything gets particularily hot you can always just add sinks at another time, especially fi you buy from DFI, they should have you covered so there's no need to worry much.

Well every watt of heat I can disperse is good. It will all add up. I may only cool it an additional watt with 10 or so of them, but it helps. It's like with a car, anything you can do to squeeze and extra bhp or ftlbs of tourque will help.

Also, what would be better, AS5 or the permanent stuff Arctic Silver sells? I know it's permanent, but for microsinks it might be advisable, right?

This stuff:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835100009

Oh damn, good call Dale, that is mad cheap! I'm just paranoid as to the actual effectivness of this stuff. Does it work as good as AS5? The big difference is that one is permanent, but other than that I dont know what the difference is. I almost ordered this stuff, thinking it was a different version of AS5, but it warned me just before I bought it that it was permanent. Good thing it told me.

If you are sticking them on ram and chipsets then you should be alright with permanent. As far as I know the ceramique is perment and the AS5 is not and they are both just about as good. The ceramique might be a bit better because it is permenent though. And of course it's cheaper.

If you are sticking them on ram and chipsets then you should be alright with permanent. As far as I know the ceramique is perment and the AS5 is not and they are both just about as good. The ceramique might be a bit better because it is permenent though. And of course it's cheaper.

Of course AS5 isnt permanent! But the fact of it being cheaper, leads me to believe that it does not work as well as AS5. I'll grab some thought, might be good just to have lying around incase the need for it ever does arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom