looks like i hit the lotto

no problems with blend. no increase in temps, actually they are lower, 58C max on hottest core.
this evening I will try 4.6 and/or 4.8, will probably require a small vcore bump.
I don't see why all the fuss on the forums about haswell. im perfectly happy with its oc ability at this point and I don't consider it hot at all. certainly considering the on die vrm and intels ****ty tim. its FAST.

no problems with blend. no increase in temps, actually they are lower, 58C max on hottest core.
this evening I will try 4.6 and/or 4.8, will probably require a small vcore bump.
I don't see why all the fuss on the forums about haswell. im perfectly happy with its oc ability at this point and I don't consider it hot at all. certainly considering the on die vrm and intels ****ty tim. its FAST.
Most, actually all people whining about Haswell heat have either owned or upgraded from Sandy. That's why I tell people here, heat is perfectly acceptable.

yep yep yep got a golden chip.
4.8 at 1.225 vcore, vccin (cpu input voltage, stock is 1.75) at 1.8, ring ratio is 35. thats all i have moved from stock auto settings.
temps are totally acceptable 59-64C coolest to warmest.
from what i can find this puts my chip in the top 20-25% of haswell as far as OC ability. A lot of people cant even get 4.4 with less than 1.3 vcore.
If i can get it to 4.9-5ghz under 1.275 it will put it in the top 10%, i do believe. Anything over 5 less than ~1.3 and it would be considered an absolute JEWEL, best of the best.
these chips are a little more tricky and finicky to OC, not as easy as simply pumping in vcore and raising multiplier.

Bios settings. If I set offset correctly Cpuz will report what i have set in bios.
If I leave vcore offset alone it reports .015-.020 more than I have set in bios.

Back
Top Bottom