Looking for motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiology

Beta member
Hi, I am building a pc for playing movies and music I have chosen the following parts:

AMD Sempron 2600+ 1.6Ghz
Radeon 9200SE

Now all I need is the right motherboard, can you suggest a suitable motherboard (or a kit)? I don't know what kind of fans and power supplies I need (im new to this) so if you could suggest some that'd be great!

Im buying my parts from: http://www.komplett.ie or maybe another european site any cheaper site suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

Yeah, that will work. You will at least want to add another 256mn of RAM though to bring it up to 512mb. Doesn't look like a bad deal though.

you don't want anything like those kits. Generally the mobo will be complete crap.

DFI Nf3 250gb Socket 754 would be a good board, but they are also good for overclocking which the options in the BIOS may then be confusing for you since it can be quite advanced.

Abit NF8-V

Msi K8N Neo Platinum

Those would all probably be good boards for you. MSI would probably be the easiest for you to navigate and are generally good quality boards with ease of use

cool, thanks I'd say I'll go for the Msi K8N Neo Platinum. What about fans and power supplies, how do I know what will work with that motherboard and if the fans are capable of keeping it cool enough? cheers

If all you're doing is music/movies, just get a regular MoBo, with 512 RAM. You don't need SLI or anything of the sort.

Apparently the Msi K8N Neo Platinum is only compatable with the athlon 64, I need something cheaper like a Sempron.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom