Looking for a good MoBo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCreator

Solid State Member
I've a P4 3.2 HT CPU and I'm wondering what are good MoBos.

I've looked at ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe, Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (Ultra), Soyo P4i875P Dragon 2, DFI lanpartypro875, Epox EP4PCA3+, Intel D875PBZLK I like the Gigabyte because of the 6 dimms so I can start slow (512) and build up to the 4G max ram and I don't have to throw out the 512 like I would with the 4 dimm boards. Please give me input, Thanks TheCreator

*blink blink blink*

What in sweet jeebus' name do you do to your computer that requires 4GB of RAM??!?!?? Most PC users couldnt use 512 if they tried, much less ONE GB (wich seems to be the popular thing nowadays). The only time Ive EVER seen a PC use more than 1 GB was when my buddy rendered his 45+ minute 3D animations from 3DSM. I literally cannot think of a single application (or combination of) that would EVER use 4GM of RAM. This has got to be a case of "I want it all" syndrome, and if it is man, trust me. You dont need it. Get something else... like a fuggin trip to Hawaii.

Anywho, Id stick with the Asus and AVOID the Intel.

That's what they said about the Commodore 64... So what about the Gigabyte vs. the Asus..anyone... Bueller...Bueller

I use the Gigabyte GA-8KNXP (non-ultra Rev 2.0), and it has worked flawlessly since I installed it.

The only thing i did to improve performance was flash my bios from FD to FE.

The dual bios on this board is a great feature.

Ive done some research for a system of my own and ASUS seems to be the best bet

I use and trust the Gigabyte board. It's tops all the way and has tons of features to boot. They also have great customer service (fried my board 2nd day... had a short to the case and it burned up the board...) they replaced the board fast as hell...

I think I'm going with the GIG I found it at ewiz for 195 +free shipping thank for everyones input.

Too much of everything is just enough---J. Barlow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom