lookin for best ramsink cooling for 7800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike4realz

In Runtime
got a new card 7800gt and runs very hot...i want to replace the hsf with my vga waterblock but i also need to cool off the memory ram...koolance has ramsink but i just don't think it'll be enough to cool off the memory cuz my card runs hot, even requires a minimum of 450w PSU, and the stock hsf even cools off the memory rams not just the gpu itself...i was lookin at the new vga waterblocks and they're expensive (over $100) cuz they also cool the memory rams

no those big things are a waste of hunk of junk

get just the VGA cooler and then buy the OCZ copper heatsink on newegg and then direct a fan to cool those off :D

One of these (its better)

vid-nv2-l06_02.jpg

turtile said:
One of these (its better)

vid-nv2-l06_02.jpg

haha those are the ones that i was lookin at and stood away from it cuz they're pricey.

i was thinkin of what PZEROFGH said but i just bought the Zalman VF700-CU. i was gonna get the NV Silencer 5 Rev3 but u won't be able to remove the graphic card once installed according to reviews that i read. and beside the vf700 is using a 3-pin power connection so i can just hook it up to my fan controller

gah those are retarded, havent you read the water cooling guides, it said dont buy those things that cool the ramsinks as they are a hunk of junk, ramsinks cool just as well :)

wait, i was thinking of getting the NV5 for my 7800GT, and you cant remove it while its on? so how do you get it in, in the first place?

well installing is easy but uninstalling could be either hard or easy.

well actually it depends on the motherboard. u may not face this problem with other motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom