Liquid cooling worth it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickytan

Solid State Member
let me know what you think because I have mixed feelings about liquid cooling my computer. The price is much more expensive than a really good heatsink and fan, but there is something neat about it that makes me want it.

thoughts?

if you really want good cooling go phase change. Cost you upwards of 800$

Watercooling is great, but make sure you are well informed and know what you are doing, like maintaining it. You could build a nice loop for around 200$, although i would spend a little bit more.

you would probably be better off investing in a nice heatsink like a tuniq tower or zalman.

heres one tip on WC- DOnt get anything thermaltake or coolermaster. They leak like the titanic.

I'm entirely too lazy to do water cooling. But a thermalright ultra 120 extreme, and have fun with your quad core that 3.6ghz runs at 40C :D

like veedubfreak said...the thermalright ultra 120 extreme is really all you need. It performs very close to many water setups and is a fraction of the price.

However, I prefer watercooling because it's an entire hobby in itself...it's just badass and fun to play with. Also the good thing about water is that you are able to run higher voltages safely...

Another thing you might want to keep in mind is that processors are only getting more efficient....g0 steppings clock very high on air, and the new 45nm processors can go even higher. Stuff is just getting colder, faster, and cheaper. I love it!

Bah, i've had 1.55v going through my q6600 so far and had no issues with temps. But then again it stays around 60F now that its cold as a witches boob outside.

if you really want good cooling go phase change. Cost you upwards of 800$

Watercooling is great, but make sure you are well informed and know what you are doing, like maintaining it. You could build a nice loop for around 200$, although i would spend a little bit more.

you would probably be better off investing in a nice heatsink like a tuniq tower or zalman.

heres one tip on WC- DOnt get anything thermaltake or coolermaster. They leak like the titanic.

phase??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom