Is liquid cooling worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyGodAL3X

In Runtime
Hey all,

I currently have an i5 760 running with the CPU cooler that comes with it, and I want to overclock it, hopefully get somewhere in the 4.0 GHz if possible. (I will follow slaymate's instructions)

I will eventually want to upgrade my mobo and CPU but not within another year or so.
So my question is, is liquid cooling worth the extra dough, for the future as well or should I stick with buying an air based CPU cooler?
If I were to go with a liquid cooling system, I would go for the Corsair H50 or something of that type.

Biostar TH55B HD
Intel Core i5 760 @ stock 2.8 GHz
12GB of PC3-12800 RAM
Powercolor ATI Radeon 6850 1 GB
1 TB WD Caviar Green SATA II drive
650W Cooler Master PSU
Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower Case

I had a liquid cooling system for several years, was GREAT at keeping my maximum temperatures DOWN in a very hot environment, but your idle almost never gets lower.

I would stick with a high end air based cooler and plenty of air flow in your case, great results, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg for something that actually performs. I spent $600 on my water cooling loop on my PC.

This is a pretty good cooler
Newegg.ca - COOLER MASTER V6 GT RR-V6GT-22PK-R1 120mm DynaLoop CPU Cooler w/ Universal bracket & Dual Fan

this is also a decent cooler
Newegg.ca - CORSAIR CAFA70 120mm Dual-Fan CPU Cooler

This is a very good cooler buy you'll also need to buy a couple good 120mm fans
Newegg.ca - Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler

I have this cooler, I've lapped the base and its been used but I'll sell it for $50 shipped. You'll have to supply your own fans.
Newegg.ca - Thermalright Venomous X - RT 120mm CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom