Liquid Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it's only average dude. A good water cooling kit should get you down to like 15C-20C or so, some I believe I've even seen 10C.

LIke I said the review I saw was prety much like the one you got there, and Intels should be running cooler than AMD's, and the one I saw had an AMD at like 35C or so but I don't recall the CPU Speed =/

EDIT: Sorry to answer this:

so its pointless and i am better off with the normal heat sink and fans? and what parts does it replace?
Well depends on your wants and/or likes. It will be more silent compared to a case full of fans, and I don't believe the pump should be at all loud. Personally even with water cooling I'd have a few system fans just to keep RAM, HD's, things of that nature cool, but I think so would most people.

What do you mean what parts does it replace BTW? Replaces the heatsink and FAN for the CPU, that's it.

With good case air flow, nice aftermarket heatsink, AS5, and a good CPU fan you can get lower temps than that particular water cooling set up, but like I said it's good for beginners to learn how to set one up and get started before they simply leap to an exensive one

could you hook me up with a link to a kit that gets it below 20C? Never seen one, and it'd be interesting to read.

I personally am having Vid card heat issues which is why im doing the duct fan piping in air from outside thing, but yes I know condensation. I'm not worried about my cpu, its my vid card that overheats and is givin me beef. Is there some that will cool the vid card as well?

Honestly ak I don't know how to go about finding one simply because I wouldn't know what brand name to start with =/ Perhaps it was an article with some extra means besides water cooling, or perhaps I'm just dillusional :p But I could have sworn I've seen people with recorded temps of 10C and such, I'll get back to you though if I find anything.

I personally am having Vid card heat issues which is why im doing the duct fan piping in air from outside thing, but yes I know condensation. I'm not worried about my cpu, its my vid card that overheats and is givin me beef. Is there some that will cool the vid card as well?
Don't know, if I had the money to blow I'd buy the bigwater kit purely for my graphics card :p would just need to buy a graphics card water block and I'm set :D

The GPU should get well below the temps that the normal fan on there would give wouldn't you think? Also you'd be able to put RAM sinks on the GDDR3 memory since you really can't due to the placement of the heatsink on there stock

EDIT: Well after reading a couple of reviews I came to the conclusion I'm delirious MUAHAHA MAD I TELLZ YA!

But yeah, it's a good 10C degree drop from AIR, but in the case I saw the guy had like 40C idle and 30C with this kit he made which means he just bought all the parts seperate instead of one kit and slightly modified his reservoir.

Do some water cooling kits turn on when the computer turns on though? I remember hearing of some people forgetting to turn the pump on and thus frying a CPU =/

they are supposed to with the new ones. But you have to make sure the setting is right or something or that it is plugged in/turned on so when the comp starts the water starts. Im pretty sure thats how it works.
save up man, only 120 bucks and the bigwater is yours (gotta get a good site though).

EDIT: oh yea, im sure you know, but the bigwater just came out with a VGA heatsink for the kit. Its supposed to be pretty good.

Well, I sooner want to buy the 6600GT though, more cooling additions would be last on the list of priority currently although yeah I saw it for only lik $136 in a couple of places, but no actually I hadn't saw that it came with a VGA heatsink for the kit.

Wonder if you could build a little box, that the hose travels though in addition to the radiator that would cool the hose....wonder if itd actually make a difference.

Plus I'd hate to spend $130-$150 on the kit and it not offer any significant increase in OC on the graphics card =/

I've seen CPU temps drop 10C I wonder how much water cooling would drop the GPU especially if you had it solely for the GPU

I would customise a watercooling unit rather than buy a kit

the water blocks from Asetek work rather well, and you'll need a pump, reservoir, pipes and coolant aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom