Liquid Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya so far the bigwater kit is the best combo of silence and performance and price that i have seen. You cant really beat it.

JLobes said:
If you dont understand this specific heat stuff, think about this. Would you rather go outside on a day in 0 degree air, or jump into 0 degree water. Probably the air, unless you wanna die of shock, because air cant take the heat from your body as fast as water can.

icon14.gif

wel... technically if you jumped into 0 degree water, you'd probably shatter your body as it would be ice :)

ak_smallz said:
wel... technically if you jumped into 0 degree water, you'd probably shatter your body as it would be ice :)

Depends on the volume of water.

If it were a lake, then you would substain injury when breaking through the surface... But once you're in, you're good to go.

ok ok wait, doesn't the water cooling unit itself make alot of noise? you know with the pump and stuff? Doesnt it take up alot of room? Is it really worth getting watercooling?

well if you have a lot of case fans or something along those lines you wouldn't notice it compared to say a high powers fan like the Vantec tornado. No they aren't completely silent, but compared to a lot of fans they are which is the point.

As for overclocking, well in the case of the bigwater I don't know if it's worth it. I think you'd have to get like a nice $200+ water cooling setup so you can make sure and have temps down at like 10C but I haven't read anything into water cooling so I couldn't tell you which ones perform the best. I think the bigwater is just an average, cheap solution for those who want to 'test the waters' if you will on water cooling

Nubius said:
I think the bigwater is just an average, cheap solution for those who want to 'test the waters' if you will on water cooling

That is exactly right.

so its pointless and i am better off with the normal heat sink and fans? and what parts does it replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom