**The LINPACK Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
The LGA1156 and LGA1366 are very different animals indeed. Here is my initial run and OC with the new proc and mobo. Any suggestions? I wanted to conquer linx with HT on and a good OC first, so that the rest would be a peice of cake and I will have developed some of the experience necessary. I have alot of research and tweaking to do....

4.4GHz is looking pretty good. I knew that chip would go faster with better cooling. Thou I'm surprised your having to shoot 1.44v to it. What mobo are you using?

Running at that speed, and possibly faster, you should consider getting some faster ram. A nice set of DDR3 2000 8-8-8 modules like these would run at 7-7-7 or lower at 4.4GHz and they may just help you get more out of the cpu :D

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX T1 Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model KHX2000C8D3T1K3/6GX

Hey thanks Slay, I can run 4.510ghz (HT enabled) in LinX and according to realtemp my highest temp is 76c without a completed burn-in(AS5), yet it stops at 3m:30s due to an error. My guess is an incorrect setting in the bios, but I dont know my way around it well enough yet to work out the kinks. Yeah, I have HT on right now so I can get a feel for highs and lows, and HT needs higher voltages. I picked up the Asus P6X58D Premium board. These G.Skills that I have will run 2000mhz XMP as well as DOCP, the problem that I'm having is that I cant use the full 2000mhz without the UCLK jumping to an unGodly setting(double the DRAM) which my UCLK becomes unstable after 38XXmhz, but they run 8-8-8-20 @ 1702mhz no problem. I'm not experienced enough yet with the board and proc to decide where the performance difference is coming from, but given the time and guidance, I'm sure I can pull off something special... :p
I think Soulphire has this board so maybe he knows his way around the settings more than I currently do.

60.8290 GFlops | Shan1784 | i7 930 @ 4.2GHz

Linpack1.png

Hey thanks Slay, I can run 4.510ghz (HT enabled) in LinX and according to realtemp my highest temp is 76c without a completed burn-in(AS5), yet it stops at 3m:30s due to an error. My guess is an incorrect setting in the bios, but I dont know my way around it well enough yet to work out the kinks. Yeah, I have HT on right now so I can get a feel for highs and lows, and HT needs higher voltages. I picked up the Asus P6X58D Premium board. These G.Skills that I have will run 2000mhz XMP as well as DOCP, the problem that I'm having is that I cant use the full 2000mhz without the UCLK jumping to an unGodly setting(double the DRAM) which my UCLK becomes unstable after 38XXmhz, but they run 8-8-8-20 @ 1702mhz no problem. I'm not experienced enough yet with the board and proc to decide where the performance difference is coming from, but given the time and guidance, I'm sure I can pull off something special... :p
I think Soulphire has this board so maybe he knows his way around the settings more than I currently do.

I just picked up some 2000Mhz ram yesterday, so yeah I should be able to give you a few tips soon :p

Can my score be updated with the one below.. Not a huge improvement but a little...

61.5716 GFlops | Shan1784 | i7 930 @ 4.2GHz
Linpack.png

Not too sure about the rules for this thread so I'll post up what I did.
1. Took out all but one 2Gb stick of my RAM
2. Disabled HT
3. Ran the test in 64bit mode
oh, and Slay? you got some catching up to do :p

84.2490 GFlops | S0ULphIRE | i7 980X @ 4.5 GHz
linx1.png

I guess what Soulphire means is now I have some catching up to do....lol. Congratulations Soulphire, so what kind of temps does that amazing beast of a proc pull off? Dont worry though, I still have some upgrades and tweaks planned yet I must concede that it's very unlikely that I'll beat your new score with my new i7 930 (thanks again Slaymate) unless it hits the 5.5ghz mark....Dont worry though, my voltage ends at 1.70v just like your's, unless we switch the mobo jumpers. Until then, here is my new score, as the new king of the i7 930 crew. I still have alot of tweaking to do though, so dont worry... :p

65.6009 GFlops | cq842000 | i7 930 @ 4.5 GHz

Attachments

• Final.jpg
    Final.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 106
lol, yeah guess I meant you :D my brain didn't register your last score

I only pushed the vcore to 1.38750v, didn't want to take ANY chances with my 980x :p I'll wait until I get some WC in before I push it past 1.4
It was stable as a rock at 4.5Ghz tho, so I'm pretty happy about that for only 1.3875v :grin: *love* the unlocked multiplier.

edit: oh, and temps are AMAZING! At stock I'm idling at 27-31c, under full load I *just* hit 60c on one thread, average is about 55-56c tho
OC'd to 4050Mhz and I'm getting 35-39c idle and I'm still only hitting 62-64c max!

Great Scores Guys :thumbsup:

I don't think I'll be able to touch Soul's score without hooking up the Phase and "in my mind" that would be like cheating. I never would of used it for the SuperPi thread if someone else had not done so 1st.

But I might be able to push this 920 a little more :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom