**The LINPACK Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: **The Official TF LINPACK Thread**

59.5530 GFlops | Burn | i7 920 @ 4.315 GHz

linx.png

Re: **The Official TF LINPACK Thread**

This one didn't count? Or is that because that was before we started using whatever is set when you click 'All' for memory?
man slay why are yours so much fast with HT on. I only get about 52 with it on.. Maybe it's because you're running ddr3 2000 over my 1600.. hmm
61.5815 GFlops | Burninator | i7 920 @ 4.23GHz
linx2.png

Re: **The Official LINPACK Thread**

Well, heres mine. TMPIN0 in Hardware Monitor is my CPU, for some reason once unlocking the 2 dormant cores I no longer get actual core temp readings. Does amount and speed of RAM play a big part into this test? I notice theres a PhII, 100MHz slower than mine, but with a decently larger score. Is GFlop score a rating of the system as a whole or mainly the processor?

42.1322 GFlops | Tro1086 | PII X4 B55 @ 4.0ghz

trolinx.png

Is that still under the True Slay? Does the i7 even benefit from watercooling much?

Yes, that is with the True.

Burn should be able to overtake me in this benchmark as he's watercooling. I'm not going to be able to go much higher and keep the system stable for the almost 3 minutes of intense heat. He should be able to get close to 4.5 to 4.6GHz for a short run.

Done properly I think the i7 benefits a lot from water cooling. It's just that most people try to cheap out thinking any water cooling system will be superior to air. I have water-cooled before, but I just don't like the hassle of dealing with the hoses and water everytime I want to change or try something new. :D

Ah ok, you seem to have oc'ing on air down to a science ;).

Wish my runs were only 3 minutes, it takes like 25 to finish mine. Wonder if I should take some of the ram out to lower the times some, 8 gigs makes them super long. Would that be considered cheating though? :p

He should be able to get close to 4.5 to 4.6GHz for a short run.
I doubt it. My chip or motherboard is a bad OC'r, one or the other. I tried getting a known "golden" batch by buying from veedub (batch 3849b028) but it seems like even then it's not very good.

Somehow every processor I've had has been a bad clocker.

I doubt it. My chip or motherboard is a bad OC'r, one or the other. I tried getting a known "golden" batch by buying from veedub (batch 3849b028) but it seems like even then it's not very good.

Somehow every processor I've had has been a bad clocker.

Always remember the i7 creates a lot of memory bandwidth, even at slower memory speeds. So don't let your memory settings affect your cpu overclock. If you can gain a extra 200MHz by lowering your DRAM Ratio by one (1) then you'll find that the extra cpu speed actually boosted your slower memory setting. LinX is very cpu intensive and your memory speed won't affect it as much as Pure CPU MHz's. You'll be the King of this Benchmark in no time at all :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom