Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: **The Official TF LINPACK Thread**

Got an update with the SSD.

35.7041 GFlops | Antec-User | PII 940 @ 3.725g

Not much better on 4 threads... :\
lpss.jpg

^^ Wait a minute.. It DID decrease! WTH!? Higher HT link seemed to have killed it, but I also clocked my ram down quite a bit. that would prolly be a factor, tho, right?

3.8 this time... BSOD RIGHT when I went to upload the screen shot. :lol: This thing needs heavy voltages! -Either that or the HT bump helped. I'm not noticing a big vdrop with this board either. These are all BIOS clocks too.. Patience, patience, hurry up and wait.. :lol:

Wait a minute.. had an error.. didn't notice till about an hour after I posted this..
PII 940 @ 3.825g

Still meh..
lpss.jpg

-=WOW! Saints COMEBACK!!=- :D

Oh COME ON NOW!!! I JUST ran a 3.8g Linepack run and it was still only 35 flops with the ram @ 1066 @ 5-5-5-15 @ 2.150v.. 47* max during load, so that's ok.. but this rig seems to need heavy voltages to keep it stable. @ 1.575 CPU now.

Arrrgh!!! and I think i've got a dead ram stick as it's only reading 1800 mHz of memory.. :very_angry:

This board/CPU/Ram are about to get replaced!!

^^ Wait a minute.. It DID decrease! WTH!? Higher HT link seemed to have killed it, but I also clocked my ram down quite a bit. that would prolly be a factor, tho, right?

3.8 this time... BSOD RIGHT when I went to upload the screen shot. :lol: This thing needs heavy voltages! -Either that or the HT bump helped. I'm not noticing a big vdrop with this board either. These are all BIOS clocks too.. Patience, patience, hurry up and wait.. :lol:

Wait a minute.. had an error.. didn't notice till about an hour after I posted this..
PII 940 @ 3.825g

Still meh..
lpss.jpg

-=WOW! Saints COMEBACK!!=- :D

It's because my Q9300 wipes the floor with it :silly:

j/k

That is weird, it sounds like you've had a lot of problems with the board you have.

^ It's fine for basic OCing, but once you try to push past 3.8, it's a FINE balancing act.. This thing NEVER loads windows the same every time, it's got buggy RAID support, buggy OCing, touchy NB, resets your RAM to AUTO after it BSODs, doesn't like to reset the HT after a bad clock, so you have to reset it MANUALLY, which doesn't happen much anymore.. Can key everything in fine for a 3.8 run, it'll be stable the WHOLE way thru linepack (almost IBT stable) and go back to the bios to try for a 3.9 run and it BSODs right after the post/ACHI check.. Arrrgh!! :very_angry:

I love the board, but once you get a little more demanding, it falls short. I want the GD70 board, but I hate AMI bios.. :silent:

And Phil: don't start with that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom