lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thermaltake is one word....

Second thing, if you have the case I just saw on the Thermaltake website,
Chassis Series- Mystic

then I don't see why you would want to get cathode's, since there is no window, unless you plan on cutting a window into it...

ANYWAYS... a case that size would be fine with 2 lights. (they usually come in pairs.)

its made by thermalrock not thermaltake aswell i just can't be bothered to change it. Yeah that is my case cooling is the worst ever lol one 80mm intake.

That is the point of my other thread I want to cut a window in it........

Thank you :D

The Mystic looks good but not very practical as I said the cooling is kind of disappointing and my Zalman 9500 heat fins are about 2mm away from the top cover.

Oh yeah and the bottom 5.25" wont allow you to put in optical drives with "certain" sized motherboards found out that the certain size was atx :( so have one spare sata optical drive.

The hdd bay on the reinforcement arm across the case I can't use the second slot as it crushes my 8800GTS and the top slot is ever so slightly too low when filled aswell so I had to just forcibly screw down the arm.

Lol and also the the floppy/hdd rack is over the 24 pin power connector for the motherboard so I had to cram all the wires down and only semi-screw the rack on for fear of cracking my board.

Good build quality though and looks great but it is appalling case from a technical standpoint.

sounds like a bit of trouble

did you get it recenltly coz i think i remember you asking people about your build

well I bought the case and psu in the summer the cpu and hdd's in the autumn and finally built and bought all other components in February not sure it was just after the 8800gts 320mb had come out...... was my first build and was quite abit of trouble I had problems with the sata hardware raid so I am using software raid instead which I am happy with :D and also I had a real issue with my security switch as I kept getting the security message opening the case filling with the wires and closing the case this would make the security warning and abort boot happen again lol I think it was about a day before I realised that if I didn't open the case up and just restarted a couple of times the message wouldn't happen.

Matt

yea, i got some of the same probs u got man, my hdd box is RIGHT over my 24 pin connector, so its not clipped in all the way, if i clip it i can hear **** creaking in there, so i had to have it held in with zip ties, someone should come out with a 90 degree adapter, and have like 4 different models, eg: 20pin_right, or 24pin_right, 20pin_left, and 24pin_left so when ur in low clearance situations u can just have it bent over. if this could be done, it would also turn out great for wire management, because for people with a huge space behind their mobo tray, u can slap the 90 on there, a extention, and another 90 and have it go under the mobo...be great for wire management...

well anyways, get back on topic here, get some cathodes, and i guess it could be a possibility to get a good quality psu, and just install your own fan. it will void the warranty, but if you cant find any decent psu's i guess you could do that.

and for the security switch, my gateway has one of those, what you need to do is go into the bios, and disable it, and if you cant do that, then take the connector off and put a jumper on it. i had to do that, it was getting annoying, fixing it and every other reboot i had to open it to change something or another, and had that freaking 'CAUTION: CASE HAS BEEN OPENED PRIOR TO BOOT! PRESS F8 TO CONTINUE...' thing..

I just get the booted aborted case has been intruded with a security screen. I like it though because I keep my computer at school in an unlocked room so I know if anyone has got bored and decided that they would come and figure out how it is put together by taking it apart :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom