Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
Alrite i wanna put 2 Uv lights in my case to make my green cables glow along with my green wires. Can i put the 2 uvs and 2 blue regular caths in? Or would that take away the blue effect?

UV lights are pretty dim to tell you the truth. Their only purpose is to make UV sensitive stuff glow, not to produce actual light.

CrazeD said:
UV lights are pretty dim to tell you the truth. Their only purpose is to make UV sensitive stuff glow, not to produce actual light.
Ok ya i ordered 2 sound reactive cold cathodes so it should light up nicely along with 3 blue fans:cool:

Yo yo, 2 words of caution. Don't say someone didn't warn you. That 15'' sound activated 'light' has a great tendancy to burn out extremely fast. Infact what happens more often as well is if it is used vertically.. while in sound mode half of the tube will completely stop working. Very common issue i've heard it over and over. But not really a big loss if it does happen.

Warning two is if youre trying to illuminate your case with blacklight, your white light will indeed drown it out.

BUT, most important.. that model 15'' has an EXTREMELY short cord from the mount to the p/s. Everyone seems to hate that.. can't imagine why.

Cold cathodes are blindingly bright if you just look at the light. Most people put them behind something in their case so the actual bulb isn't visible, because they are so bright.

GreenMachine said:
Yo yo, 2 words of caution. Don't say someone didn't warn you. That 15'' sound activated 'light' has a great tendancy to burn out extremely fast. Infact what happens more often as well is if it is used vertically.. while in sound mode half of the tube will completely stop working. Very common issue i've heard it over and over. But not really a big loss if it does happen.

Warning two is if youre trying to illuminate your case with blacklight, your white light will indeed drown it out.

BUT, most important.. that model 15'' has an EXTREMELY short cord from the mount to the p/s. Everyone seems to hate that.. can't imagine why.
Ya i heard that also but see i wanted the sunbeam sound box where you can hook up 4 lights but it was out of stock. So i went with these and eventually i will step up to the sunbeam and 4 12 inch cold cathodes. Im not trying to illuminate my case with the blacklights just wanting them to make all my uv cables stand out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom