Lighting bottom outside of case

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkolk

In Runtime
First off i have no experience modding or adding lights to a computer case. What i want to do is add a glow to the bottom of my antec sonata II case. I found some LED lights and would like some input on them.

First theres this EL light strip that im leaning towards getting. EL Light Strips - Blue Products Model: ELTAPE-BL [ELTAPE-BL] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

another possibility is
Blue Logisys 6 ft EL Wire DIY Kit EL06BL 1.83m Cable PCI On/Off Switch 12v Power Inverter 4 Pin Molex Connector-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com
Tho im not sure it would fit under my case.

Anyone know of the brightness on either of these? i plan on having them under the case so i wont see the lights directly, i just want the glow on the ground they will create.

Does anyone know with the EL tape, can i fold it over itself to make a right angle turn on the bottom of the case. And if i cant i heard some EL strips you can cut and then re-attach again. And how does cutting it work, do i just take scissors? nothing will bleed out?

Where would the power converter go? I saw one that fit a PCI slot, but i dont think the EL light strip had that.

The tape says it can be cut. I seriously doubt the wire can.

Here's a thought... There are LED case feet out there that may give what you are looking for. Check them out.

Yea i saw those LED feet, not sure i want it tho. My inspiration is the neon glow under the cars in the fast and furious movie. So i want the ominous glow but to not actually see the LED directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom