Lian Li V-1000B Window Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
I ordered one of these about 2 months ago:
http://www.xoxide.com/lian-li-w-v1000b.htm

They called me two days after the order and told me they were sold out, I checked every other reseller that had reasonable prices and they were also sold out. At first I thought about cutting my own side panel, but the cut on that specific panel was so perfect that I didn't want to waste time making my own.

I was thinking of ordering one pretty soon, once I get my Conroe setup. I want to know if anybody owns a a case with this sidepanel and know if it is possible to replace the plexi glass. I know a few places near where I live that mass produces plexi glass and can spare me some. The specific type of plexiglass I want is a very very dark black (maybe I can paint it), so if no lights are on inside the case, you will only see a black peice of plexi glass, but once I turn on the CC lights inside you will be able to see the parts inside. I think I've seen something like this on casemodgod.com and I really want to add this effect to my case.

Of course I would also like to add a window etching, but nothing really fitted this case. Lian Li's are like Mercedes in the computer case world! You might add crazy flame designs or dragon etchings to a 20-30 dollar case, but I want this case to have class, and another reason why I didn't want to do the sidepanel cutting myself was because I wanted it's original look. So I guess a etching of the Lian Li logo would look pretty cool, but then again, I would feel like I am advertising for lian li :confused:

Any input is welcome!

Oh and heres a few pictures of what it looks like now:
p1010050cu2.jpg

with lights on:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom