Let's see what a 6000+ can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol u got told maroon1.... but its a nice processor... it might perform on par with a e6600 or even beat it

very nice overclock...interesting to see what the max you can get out of it is.

as for vs the e6600...no it wouldn't beat it

Both are pretty close, with both winning some and losing some. For this, I meant stock.

lol u got told maroon1.... but its a nice processor... it might perform on par with a e6600 or even beat it[/B]

Or even beat it !!! Are you sure ?

According to these benchmarks the E6600 is overall slightly better.

Intel vs. AMD: Today's generation compared - The Tech Report - Page 3
CPU Charts | Tom's Hardware

And E6600 consume much less power and overclocks much better

Both are pretty close, with both winning some and losing some. For this, I meant stock.

And not to forget that E6600 overclocks much better

An OC E6600 would completely destroy an OC 6000+

You seriously gonna do this everytime maroon? there are many tests with many different variables and all different results you can't just use 1 and say thats the right one.
Welcome to AnandTech.com [ Article: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+: Competing with Aggressive Pricing]
more tests and showing that some areas AMD is better and the Intel one is better at some other places too. All of this at stock speeds of course.

and is really 5 seconds of encoding and 3 frames more per sec really gonna help ya?

and lower power compsumptions is a pile of crap for overclockers anyway. Overclocking will raise a good amount of power.

nice... i thought new amd's would use 65nm process by now.... but congrats.... do u think u can push 4.0 ghz?
They will. This isn't a new architecture.
I'm not sure if I could get 4.0GHZ without vapour phase change cooling though.
lol i just noticed it says processor unknown for specification :)
Yeah, it did that with my 4600+ too.
An OC E6600 would completely destroy an OC 6000+
I don't care about the E6600. I'm trying to see what this architecture can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom