Lets Design a Tech-Forums Case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
Hey guys. I was thinking, i want to get into 3d modeling or something to do with game design (not so much programming but its a possibility), so what i was thinking was getting some of you guys to do some drawings and pitch ideas and such of your perfect pc case.

What features would you want? What sort of design? How many expansion slots? Mid Tower or full? Video card mounting bracket?

In the end, i might find someone to build it if i can actually get off my butt and actually model it (depending on school.)

So pitch ideas, and most importantly designs and we will see if we can come up with something made by enthusiasts for enthusiasts and turn it into a real life proper creation.

Design a case that looks and acts like a siege tank from starcraft 1. I have thought about this for years. When you power the PC up you could have 4 stands that pop out from the side going downwards at a 45 degree angle, the cd-rom could pop up to a 25 degree angle on top. You would have to rig up the psu externally, but i figure that is a good excuse to make it into a turret look a like from Starcraft. You could also put your HDDs in to the turret, with a gyro device (like they use on freestyle bike handlebars) you could even make the turret spin.

I would have done it already but it is the kind of work that is over my head. I do however have it pictured in my minds eye and it looks sweet.

Haha. I was thinking something more on the lines of a gaming case with elegance and functionality. Not a complete over the top mod project.

hmm a bit TF would look wicked, the psu goes in the far outside part of the T. then some dvd drive bays goes in the top part of the F then between the second bar in the F have intake fans. then the botom bar for the F have hard drive cage. then the botom again more intake fans the back of the T is the io sheild. the top of T and F should be exausts, and in the space between the TF have the mobo tray with a window maybe. then for the side panel have th T and F bold do white letering with blue edges have the letters perdrude just a litle would look insane! with the window in the midle white led cathodes, and blue intake fans and white exaust !!!

All aluminum, box shaped, laser cut rad grills cut into front and top panels to mount dual 120.3 radiators.

Bottom mount psu, wide enough so there is ample space behind the mobo tray.

Bottom mounted single DVD drive bay.

The end.

Sounds good aspire.

Can you draw me something up in paint at least? Good to know specifics instead of "box shaped". Just a quick diagram with your features. (Doesnt have to be neat.)

sorry for the horrid paint skills

this is my ideal (air cooled) case hehe.

tfcase.jpg

now you can blast it ;)

leave no side window (cause some ppl just like to make one themselves ;))
audio/usb/power all on top panel near front.

i didnt have room to put a 2nd fan hole on the rear panel, but with better paint skills, that could be worked out.

From the looks of it its sorta like Aspires as well.
If i say base it off the case he showed me, would you add or subtract anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom