let there be a window! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Arrow let there be a window!

I have a mid-tower black comp case. Unfortunately because i live in Dubai and here ppl have never heard of a side window in your case, i could not find the case i have been looking for.
So, i would like to cut (or torch or w/e) a hole in my side panel and get a window in there so my leds can make my case look all good.
do you have any experience in this? and if so can you spare some advice, cause i'm pissed of my ugly case, and i want to make it look nice!

Asus G1 Gaming Laptop
Old 05-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Field Engineer
Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

Why dont you buy a case online?

A+, Network + , HP Certified Tech and MCP

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Old 05-05-2005, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

To answer your question, as I was planning on doing this (don't know if I will though)

You can get a window kit online for cheap (£5) this will include the perspex, some rubber thing to give a nice edge. Cut the whole 0.5mm bigger than the perspex (use a washer (the one you put on a screw)) to guide you the right distance, fit the rubber edging, and fit the perspex.

You will get a nicer effect if you buy a case that already has a window though, and guranteed not to screw it up.

Cisco CCNA, Comptia A+, 1/3 through CCNP
Closed Thread