Lesson De Jour

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakvillePcz

Solid State Member
So there i was, intending to see just how much you can OC an athlon 2500+ mobile . Well i pushed up the vcore to about 1.8 fired it up and tadaa...worked fine running at 2.24 GHZ. not bad for a 1.3 GHZ cpu

The cpu temp was holding at 49c so i decide to load up x-plane 8 wityh graphics maxed out...bout 5 mins into my game my PC just totally shuts down. :eek: I wait a few minutes and try and fire it back up, no go..check the mobo and it has power but as soon as the an starts to light up the PC shuts down, I check the power supply fan...dead...

rut ro, not good...so i wait a little while longer see if maybe the power supply overheated and would maybe reset, nope, its dead. So i head on over to freakin compusa for a new power supply, wasn't 100% sure it was the supply and with thier prices i didnt wanna spend more than i had to only to learn it was some other problem. So i get another 300watt supply for a whoppin $42 :mad: , come home and hooked it up and the PC fired right up..but as soon as I installed it and added the dvd rw, cd rw, hard drive and floppy it wouldnt fire up..so I disconnect the cd drive and the useless floppy drive and reset my cmos and its running back at 1.3 GHZ

Lesson learned i you're going to OC make sure your power supply is going to be able to handle it

Lesson learned i you're going to OC make sure your power supply is going to be able to handle it
lol yeah, a strong +12v rail and plenty of wattage is a must.

Yeah I can get a much higher stable speed with a better power supply, or unplugging everything <-_->

So there i was, intending to see just how much you can OC an athlon 2500+ mobile . Well i pushed up the vcore to about 1.8 fired it up and tadaa...worked fine running at 2.24 GHZ. not bad for a 1.3 GHZ cpu
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its a 1.8ghz cpu isnt it? Also I would recommend at the minimum a 420w psu that is a good brand.

well if he's talking about an Athlon and not Athlon XP it could be 1.3, but I'm not even 100% positive if they make an Athlon 2500+ or not.

Dont care to look into it either :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom