LED vs. UV

Status
Not open for further replies.

w105

In Runtime
As I have mentioned in a past post, I am in the process of ordering an Antec PlusView1000AMG Case from newegg. I am also ordering five 80mm case fans for it.

Should I buy UV case fans or LED case fans?

What's the difference?

My first choice was to get the LED fans, but then I thought it would look better If I had UV fans along with UV rounded cables.

Please give me your opinion.

well the Led fans are cheaper but there not as bright. The UV fans are more money but they are like 2X brighter.

honestly...i would stick with the LED fans because the just look a hell of a lot better...the UV fans have a really akward look to em....in my case i use quad LED fans b/c they have a really cool look and if you want to have a good looking customized case then i would strongly suggest going with the LED fans

a customized case u want it to be bright.. not like dull. Like i have a 4 led fan in mine blue and its not bright at all. Right above it i ahve a red UV light. Its soo much brighter then the LEd fan.

I'd say go LED with the fan's also. If you want some UV going on, get a UV cold cathode and some UV-reacitve paint/rounded cables/stickers, etc.

i have the PLUS1080AMG which is basically just the solid, non-window version of the one you are getting plus it has a truepower430watt. the thing weighs litterally a ton and for some damn reason it amplifies all of the case fans. when i listen to the fans by themselves they are quiet, yet when they are inside the case they somehow create a mini-tornado effect. i also hate the swinging door. the build quality is excellent though. i suggest you choose another case.

After reading everyone's advice, I think I will go with the LED fans. I am also looking to purchasing a UV light along with UV reactive cables, just as True_Orb recommended.

Yes, I realize that the case is heavy, but that doesn't matter to me. I would rarely move the computer and when I would need to, 30-35lbs is nothing.

The reason I picked this case is because its cheap [I'm only 14 and money is a HUGE issue lol], and I've heard that the build quality is excellent.

Thanks again to everyone with the advice.

personally i like the UV fans better since there brighter, and they have a cooler look to them. The LED fans aren't as bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom