leave on or turn off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

)W!LL!AM-CR0WN(

Solid State Member
hey!!
I just got a new computer a couple weeks ago and I am wondering something... should I turn it off every night before I go to bed or should I be leaving it on for a couple days in a row and then turn it off.. or does it even matter??:confused: I just want to do what's best for the computer

Well if you're not going to do anything with it over, like downloading i would leave it off. Really no point in leaving it on.

the only time i leave it on is to let fresh thermal compound set up

I leave mine up 24/7 but that's what I do... and we have had this topic before and it turned into a flame war cause all the tree huggers, er... I'm sorry, not politically correct... caring people of this world though we were going to burn down every tree, drain every lake, and tear up to Ozone for leaving our computers on all the time...

I for one use all 3 of mine for either TF folding, or SETI@home.

i'll leave mine on for 2-3 days, then shut er down for a night.
lately though, if i'm not usin' it, i'll turn it off to give the hydro a break since it's been crazy hot.

my file servers is usualy up 24/7 though

Turn mine off everynight, especially as the pc is in my bedroom so i dont want the constant humming when im trying to sleep and plus it heats my room up with this hot weather

I Turn Mine Off right before I sleep, Cause its Hard To Sleep with 2 "tornados". Anyways, I think on another forum it was agreed that leaving your PC on is actualy better then turning it off.

I think the argument (Agreement Really) was something along the lines of the Metal/components cooling and Contracting when being turned off, and heating and expanding when being turned on. ;)

i myself always leave my computer on.. because i listen to music when i go to sleep... although i hate the giant blue light from the psu... and the loud humming of the 2 120mm fans... but its all good.. the music puts me to bed

I leave my comp on for a week mostly and then turn it off Saturday night, so it has a fresh start for the new week. I don't mind the sound because I have the AC on and can't hear it, and I usually have music on. My comp is not that loud anyway.

Ste said:
I Turn Mine Off right before I sleep, Cause its Hard To Sleep with 2 "tornados". Anyways, I think on another forum it was agreed that leaving your PC on is actualy better then turning it off.

I think the argument (Agreement Really) was something along the lines of the Metal/components cooling and Contracting when being turned off, and heating and expanding when being turned on. ;)

Correct, and to add to that when you turn the computer on it gives a jolt of electricity which is a lot worse than leaving it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom