LCS liquid shortage, looking for solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaaxx

Baseband Member
hey there,
i've bought a brand new thermaltake 760is cooling system a short while ago.
i used to have a gigabyte galaxy II and was wondering (after seeing the abnormal high temperature in stock cooling of the 760is) if it was poosible to add this to the circuit.
now i did, got 2 radiators working just fine but facing a new problem here.

i dont have enough liquid which resluts in the pump sucking only half of its capacity.

now i was wondering (since the liquid is quite expensive) if i could add just a small mount of normal water to get past the low water mark.
now i wanted to give it a try but then thought of the results.. corrosion?

anyways i need a bucket full of answers you if you guys could, please let me know ASAP.

AND..does any of you guys face the problem of having your cpu at a higher temperature than another cooler? my Q6600 operates at 3ghz, used to et around 40 degrees celcius, the new cooler without the gigabyte radiator goes around a little over 50 and with the rad on its around 40...now i dont know why, i checked both fans but work just fine, radiator isnt blocked, nope nothing, got some airbubles in the cpu block from time to time, thinking of turning the block with the tubes up (i know thats ghow its supposed to be but i like the look of the tubes coming out at the bottom =P)

thganks guys let me know ;)

Well you got a couple problems with what your doing. First the Galaxy System is garbage, the 760i system is also rubbish. You would have been much better off asking for help on the forums and I could have directed you to buy proper water cooling parts to build your own loop.

The reason people use coolant is to prevent corrosion which will only occur if you are mixing metals in your loop. I.e Copper and Aluminum. If you arent mixing metals there is no reason to use a "coolant".

Personally I use pure distilled water with no additives. So if you want to just top the loop off with water as long as it isn't tap water or bottled water you should be fine. Basically just go to the grocery store and buy a half gallon of distilled which is what you want.

You really don't want the pump to run without the loop being full as you will fry it. And needless to say thermaltakes aren't known to be particularly hardy...

Pics would be nice...

Aspire is right. A 760i? You have to be kidding me. Nvidia's current boards aren't worth the trouble. I don't know much about water cooling, but I know Aspire does. Listen to the man.

Aspire is right. A 760i? You have to be kidding me. Nvidia's current boards aren't worth the trouble. I don't know much about water cooling, but I know Aspire does. Listen to the man.

Umm... the 760i is a Thermaltake liquid warming kit...

also the 750i ftw by evga is qute a beast i pushed 475fsb thru it today stable thru intel burn test, 5 runs, but i had to have my side panel open and have a house fan blowing on it to keep my cpu temps down. so i would say they are worth the trouble if you get the right board. 750iftw and up so 780i and 790i. the ftw seems to be the onlly 750i capable of doign such great overclocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom