LCD in 3.5" floppy drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sysco33

Solid State Member
I'm building a computer for my self and I'm planing on modding it a little.
One of plans is to put a small LCD screen in to a 3.5' floppy drive slot. I want it to slide out and then pop up, kind of like those in-dash DVD players for your car just smaller. Can somebody help me? Maybe I'll use a portable video player.

read up on this mod article:

http://www.casemodgod.com/6_lcd_case_mods.htm

It shows 2 different ways to put in an LCD screen in your 5.25" bay so maybe you can get some ideas and hints from that. One makes it so that it is slideable and takes up only one slot while the other takes 3 of the 5.25" bays. Just us the same principle from the slideable method and you should be able to get your desired results.

Hey thanks Nubius. That really helped out. But I kind of wish I could create some sort of program or something to display usefull info displayed on it like CPU temp, frame rates, CPU speed and stuff like that but also have some cool backround animation. Could any one help me out with that?

yeah man I know dern well you can make the monitor display anything you want. It an easily show your BIOS, but yes I'm definitely positive theres some software out there to do it. Really all you'd have to do is have that monitor as your extended monitor and install motherboard monitor 5 for temperature, fan, and voltage readings, and whatever software comes with your motherboard for any other features you might want. But I'd suggest not Overclocking in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom