Latest Pics of my Rig... Down to 1 rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ ok... sorry about that.

The only thing I touched in the bios to OC was the multiplier and the vcore. I set the RAM voltage to what it was rated on the sticks. The RAM sticks say 2.1v so I set it to that.

-EDIT-

Here's a new one.. I got it stable and loading at 3.8g, 19x Mult, 1.5125 Vcore, Ram @ 2.16, and the FSB Freq is untouched at 200.. Would I need to change that? Something is telling me I shouldn't have to feed this thing that much voltage.. I really think this board sucks for clocking.. That GB board I had was phenominal! It clocked a lot easier without having to feed it soo much voltage. I saw a vid on YT with a 955 PII and he got 4g @ 19x w 1.488 volts, 200 FBS Freq and the same darn settings I have.

38ocid.jpg

38ocz.jpg

You should be able to go further on water....i booted at 4ghz on air.

Was able to run pi at 3.9ghz on air, and can get almost fully stable.

^ I think this board has a lot to do with it... The CPU power connector is only a 4 pin, my GB board had an 8 pin connector. Mine still isn't really stable where it is now @ 3.8g. It runs for a couple minutes, but then blues out on me. I'm rather nervous about giving it anymore voltage. It wouldn't boot at all on a 20x mult @ 1.55v.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm doing some reading on this. Apparently 4g clocks are suicide runs.. I couldn't get 3.9g stable so I guess that's why I'm where I am now.

These intel chips have such a LOW core voltage for the clocks they get.... I'll do an intel build one of these days. 1.17v on an i7 @ 3.4g... Must be nice... lol

Here's a couple threads I found.
high PII 940 Temps on air - Overclockers Forums
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Past 4.0ghz with PII 940

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom