Laptop Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xskape

Solid State Member
Hi guys i was wandering if it was possible to upgrade my laptop somehow. i love it to the max since it has everything i need accept minor graphics stuff. it has no 3d acceleration 16mb video card and i was wandering if there was anyway to fix that? new video card? tweaks? anything? i mean its perfect accept i like to enjoy small flash games or like gunbound. please and thanks for the help ! oh my laptop is a IBM Thinkpad T23

doubtful...usually the video cards are built in and the only way i know of to check is to take apart the entire thing and see for yourself...then you run into the problem of finding another graphics card for laptop that will probably be expensive...

i'd say look for pricing on a laptop GPU before you do anything else though and make sure you're willing to spend the extra cash.

most laptops are not upgradeable as far as graphics, some allow you to add special memory sticks to increase the video memory, and some laptops with newer nvidia cards has upgradable graphics modules that you can pop in and out and swap for new ones, but there arent very many of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom