laptop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak_smallz

In Runtime
i always see these cool little micro ATX boxes that can run neck and neck with many desktops. It is hard to come by a laptop with that kinda of performance with less than 4000 bucks. I was wondering if it was possible to hook up a micro ATX system to a notebook battery (understand what im saying? For example, take a notebook PC and use a notebook battery or 2 to run it). That would be ultimate to take on trips. Has anyone seen this done or think it would work.

you can buy small energy storing devices that just have regular wall outlets as their output... i used one back in 99 to run a gameboy on a cross country trip.. i dont know if the output is enough or how much time you might get.

Well... psu's run on 120 or 240. The max power (volts) a mobo uses is 12, they also use a few others. That would be a cool project to make psu that would run on a 12 volt battery and convert the 12v into 4.5, and others while supplying enough power too. You cant just use resistors or something because some devices consume a lot of power. I dont think it would be worth it because it would not run long on a laptop battery even if you did make that powersupply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom